Skip to main content

Here are a few of the criminal law stories that have recently occurred around the state of Alabama:

  • A road rage incident in Pelham on Monday led to two suspects taken into custody. The genesis of the incident allegedly began around 12:30 a.m. after “some kind of exchange” on I-65. The victim left the interstate via the tank farm exit as the car containing the two suspects followed. The passenger of the pursuing vehicle, 22-year-old Chuncey Earl Wilson – stood through the sunroof and fired two shots at the car of the victim with one bullet ricocheting off the ground and into the car and the other hitting the bumper. The suspects fled the scene, but were caught by authorities after the victim provided a description to police. The search of the vehicle yielded 47 Ecstasy tablets and the handgun. Wilson is in Shelby County Jail with bonds totaling $61,000 for charges of discharging a weapon into an occupied vehicle, possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute and possession of marijuana. The driver, 22-year-old Marybeth Flack, is in custody with bonds of $32,000 and faces charges of possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute, possession of marijuana and receiving stolen property.
  • A shooting in a Tuscaloosa apartment complex parking lot Tuesday night ended with two 22-year-old males being injured, one shot in the hip and the other in the leg. Police recently released footage of the incident which revealed 30 people in the lot watching an altercation between two individuals. Soon shots began firing and multiple called the authorities. When police arrived, shots were still being fired. As the crowd fled, police found more than 20 bullet casings on the ground. No arrests have been announced, but Capt. Kip Hart with Tuscaloosa County Metro Homicide Unit hopes the video will make people aware of the community and police officers face every day.
  • Police believe that a weekend crash in Clanton that killed 22-year-old Brett Allen Singelton may have been intentional. Singleton was driven to the hospital after rescue workers and Clanton officers arrived at the scene, but he died soon after arrival. He had been ejected from the vehicle during the crash. After the driver of the other vehicle, 29-year-old Justin Osmond Bolton, was treated for minor injuries and taken into custody by police for questioning. After discovering that Bolton may have allegedly caused the wreck after an argument with Singleton, police upgraded his charges from manslaughter to murder.

If you or someone you know has been convicted of wrongful criminal charges, there is hope after the trial. Contact us today by clicking HERE.